Recipes for Summer Sustenance: Lean Turkey Burgers
Increasing your lean protein when grilling this summer is easier than you think! Try whipping up these quick turkey burgers for dinner. Remember, you can substitute a whole wheat bun, serve it on a bed of greens, or in a salad!
- 4 white button mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp. parsley chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 and ¼ pounds 99% lean ground turkey breast
- Cooking spray
*Can add any preferred seasonings
- Add finely grated mushrooms and zucchini, and minced onion and parsley, into a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add in the turkey and stir until mixture is uniform.
- Form into 4 patties, slightly larger than palm-size.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray. Heat over a medium flame.
- Once pan is hot, add patties and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side (or check internal temperature for 160 degrees F.)
This recipe makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 177 calories, 1g fat, 3g total carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 35g protein
- Kelsey Thornton, MS, RDN