What is the Affordable Care Act?
The Affordable Care Act requires that most U.S. citizens have health insurance and was designed to make health care more affordable and accessible for many Americans.
Am I Eligible for Coverage?
To quickly and easily determine whether you may be eligible for coverage, use the eligibility calculator below.
Does Jefferson Health New Jersey Accept ACA Insurance?
Jefferson Health New Jersey accepts all Affordable Care Act (ACA) Plans. You may click here to review a listing of the accepted insurance providers.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Your Social Security number (or document number if you're a legal immigrant)
- Employment information for every member of your household who needs coverage (pay stubs or W-2 forms)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering you and members of your household
Affordable Care Act Resources
At Jefferson Health New Jersey, we want to help you to be in control of your own health and the health of your family. To help educate and empower you on your available options with the Affordable Care Act, we have put together a list of resources that contain valuable information:
- This Kaiser Family Foundation video shows how the ACA is affecting many Americans.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation's comprehensive set of FAQ's about eligibility and the marketplace exchanges.
- Guide to the healthcare marketplace from healthcare.gov.
- Common questions about ACA coverage from healthcare.gov.